Mission Pastor, Alan Jones
One of the great attributes of God is His foreknowledge. Nothing surprises God or catches Him off guard. I like this paraphrase version of Matthew 6:34 which says: Give your entire attention to what God is doing right now, and don’t get worked up about what may or may not happen tomorrow. God will help you deal with whatever hard things come up when the time comes.
This is such a great word of comfort during a World Pandemic. God has given FBCO many opportunities to step up during this unprecedented time. We have supported our 11 missionary families and provided food, beds, and Bibles to thousands. Thank you for your faithful giving this year. We are planning on 2021 being our greatest year ever and have 8 team trips planned. God may change those plans but we know that if He does, He will give us other opportunities and creative ways to tell the Good News!
BLESS EVERY HOME
One way that we have been On Mission during the pandemic is by praying for our neighbors. 112 Families committed to be lights in their neighborhoods and pray for their neighbors by name each day through the Bless Every Home app. Almost 1,600 homes have been prayed for. Many of you have shared how that this helped you engage in meaningful conversations with neighbors that you had not previously known. If you would like to join this effort, register at www.blesseveryhome.com.
Our college ministry went to Port St. Joe Florida for their 14th annual Amplify. Over 330 students and adults worked on homes and made a huge impact on the community just before the pandemic caused the shutdown. We also had 9 students baptized this year.
We will be hosting the My Jerusalem Rally at 8:00 a.m. on Saturday, March 6th in the 3:16 center. Everyone is invited
to join us on this day of serving in our community.
Go to Theway2serve.org to register now.
FBCO served over 400 meals for a Community Thanksgiving Dinner at Opelika High School.
YOU GAVE… Almost $1.4 million to missions this year!
In 2020, your giving enabled us to do many unbudgeted things such as:
- Give extra money to the IMB for Hurricane Relief
- Provide 1500 Bibles to Pakistan
- Provide 900 Bibles to Uganda
- Provide 1000 Bibles to India
- Provide 125,000 Bibles to Sudan
- Sent money for food relief to Burma IMB
- Sent money for food relief to Venezuela
- Sent $ to our missionaries in Beirut for bombing relief
- Sent $ to our missionaries in Haiti to continue construction and employ villagers
- Helped a Costa Rican Pastor purchase a car for ministry
- Provided money to 4 Costa Rican pastors to distribute food and relief
- Purchased food and beds for needy children in Costa Rica
- Purchased evangelism vehicle and equipment in Togo
PROJECTED TEAM TRIP DATES FOR 2021
May 29 - June 4
June 19 - 25
Costa Rica Family
July 1 - 10
July 2 - 12
July 18 - 25
July 19 - 25
May 16 - June 20 (FULL)
College European Hosteling
We have many partnerships that allow us to be involved in missions around the world. Our ongoing support goes through two main entities: The International Mission Board (Foreign) and the North American Mission Board (Domestic)